To make this year's spring cleaning your most productive yet, here are some of our top spring cleaning tips of all time. Whether your spring cleaning routine is an all-weekend marathon or multiple after-work cleaning sessions, these tips will help get the job done faster and more efficiently!
- Before you begin, declutter your space. An organized home is generally more attractive than an overcrowded one. Decluttering also gives you a better idea of what you already own. Decluttering can help make your home feel cleaner and less chaotic.
- Clean in order. Always clean from the top down, this keeps everything you’ve already cleaned from getting dirty again.
- Mix up your own all-natural cleanser. Here's a simple recipe from Melissa Maker of Clean My Space, which can be used on quartz, granite, and marble counters, plus appliances and sinks.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup running alcohol
- 5 to 10 drops peppermint, lemon, or orange essential oil
- 1 squirt natural dish soap
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a spray bottle and shake well.
2. Spray onto the surface and wipe with a clean cloth.
- Dust the efficient way. To cut your dusting time in half, use a universal horse hair vacuum attachment, they suck the dust up instead of moving it around into the air, where it settles and undoes your hard work.- Make it fun. While cleaning isn’t always the easiest task to do while the sun is shining and the weather is warming up, you can take this time to check out a new podcast, belt out your favorite songs, or re-connect with a loved one virtually.